ETG: Energy Sector—Clean and Renewable Energy for a Green Planet
Since the founding of the Energy Transportation Corporation in 1972 to deliver imported liquefied natural gas (LNG) to Japan, ETG companies have been pioneers in key areas of the global energy sector, with a special emphasis on clean, low-carbon-footprint energy sources and technologies. ETG's mid-stream and down-stream energy businesses have a long and successful history in international energy infrastructure development and integrated energy distribution and logistics, including
- Liquefied natural gas (LNG) shipping,
- LNG integrated export project development,
- Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) distribution,
- Cryogenic fuel terminals,
- Specialized power plants,
- Energy-efficient building controls, and
- Intellectual property and technology for smart electrical grids and demand-side management in deregulated electricity markets.
Today, ETG also focuses strongly on sustainable and green development upstream, including:
- Off-shore wind power infrastructure, and
- Managed forestation for low-carbon and carbon-neutral power generation utilizing biomass.
ETG principals also advise several national governments and ministers on matters of energy strategy and project development.