The ETG companies have had a long and deep relationship with Asia and its diverse economies and markets. In the energy sector, ETG companies' activities have included
- Financing, constructing and operating a US$1 billion LNG fleet which moved over 15% of worldwide LNG production, serving Asian markets,
- Service as LNG Shipping Advisor to China's Guangdong and Fujian LNG Transportation Projects,
- Ownership in the emerging Chinese LNG fleet,
- Development of state ship-building capability in Taiwan,
- Partnering in the ownership and development of a leading East China LPG distribution company near Shanghai, and
- Partnering in the establishment of a new LNG shipping company dedicated to Japanese-related gas trades.
ETG companies have also been active in other sectors in Asia, including private equity, commodities, early stage technology ventures, insurance and business services.
The ETG parent entities maintain regional offices in Shanghai and Beijing.