ETG: High Technology
ETG companies have been pioneers in the research, development and commercialization of many new and exciting technologies, including
- New models of risk and reward sharing in global energy logistics,
- Remote asset-coordination systems supporting the modernization and deregulation of electricity markets and the prevention of power blackouts,
- New signal processing technologies for speech intelligibility in high noise environments such as hearing aids, automobiles, aviation, and police and military applications,
- Security technology and processes for quicker recovery of normal national and regional infrastructure operation following major disruptions (as from acts of terrorism),
- Improved supply-chain technology for waste removal and other environmental applications,
- Systems for improving energy efficiency and equipment reliability in retail chains,
- Infrastructure for low-cost wireless networking in residential and commercial buildings,
- Electrical bone-growth stimulation devices,
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) equipment, and
- Artificial intelligence software.
ETG companies have also partnered with leading research laboratories and technology companies, such as Sarnoff and Invensys, to develop leading-edge solutions to important societal and commercial problems, and to widen the applications for IP developed by ETG or co-developed with ETG's research partners.
ETG companies have also engaged in the licensing of their underlying intellectual property to both industry leaders and new ventures.